Project Assistants For The 'Creative Peace and Human Rights Education Summer School'
Vacancy for 2 Project Assistants (volunteer position)
The International Summer school 'Creative Peace and Human Rights Education' 2012 is looking for 2 Project Assistants
Date: 1- 6 July 2012 , Place: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Application deadline: asap (cv and motivation letter to email@example.com)
Content of the summer school
The international students and professionals participating to the summer school will explore different theories on -and approaches to- peace and non-violence with its basic characteristics of human rights and social justice. More specifically themes that will be addressed are: a Culture of Peace and Nonviolence as a challenge for education; the photographers lens and violence; non-violence theory, strategies, practices; prejudices, discrimination and a culture of diversity and tolerance; drawing to reflect on identity and diversity; storytelling and dialogue; human rights as a moral agenda for peace; games, and children’s rights education; music, movement and reconciliation; creative evaluation techniques for peace and human rights education.
The participants will get an understanding of the potential of creative peace and human rights education, both as content and as a methodology. The summer school will offer a mix of academic theory (knowledge and reflection) and practical applications (skill building activities, platform for participants to exchange experiences, and examples of practitioners how to put the PE/HRE theory into action). We want to challenge the participants to develop their own body of knowledge and opinions which can help them determine position in their own situations.
Focus of this year:
Art and Creative Educational Approaches
- PR, communication with students and some of the guest lecturers
- fundraising and donor communication
- contribute to the curriculum and reader development
- give input to the selection of methods
- prepare case studies by doing research
- logistics and note taking during the summer school.
- develop and facilitate the introduction and evaluation session using informal
education methods and techniques.
- support the evaluation and report writing
Benefits for the project assistant
The summer school will offer you the possibility to:
- attend a 1 week summer school for free (normally 790 euro), and receive 2 ects
- boost for your cv (project management and trainer experience)
- extend your professional network; meet teachers/practitioners/international
students in the field of HR-, Peace-, non-violent education, conflict resolution,
Children’s Rights, Peace pedagogy & global education, Art and Creative
- connect your BA or MA thesis research to your position of project assistant.
Contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org