Global Citizen Corps Hunger Banquet Script
Hunger Banquet Script:
• Understand the global disparity in food security
• Learn basic facts about world hunger
• Recognize the components of long-term food security
• Hunger Banquet Tickets
• Notebook Paper
• Food for participants (three levels)
• Food Insecurity Contributors Posters
Hunger banquet and discussion (45 minutes)
Serving of breakfast (25 minutes)
1. Set up the room for the hunger banquet and prepare the
2. Have enough “tickets” for the participants to accurately
depict the distribution of food resources.
3. Place the “food insecurity contributor” posters on the
wall in the front of the room.
4. As participants enter the room, have them select their
breakfast seating ticket from a bag.
5. Once all participants are seated, use the hunger banquet
script to run the banquet.
6. Once the script is completed, allow them to ‘eat’
according to their hunger banquet status for
approximately 5-10 minutes.
7. Once they are eating, begin with the discussion session
using the questions following the script. It may be
helpful to refer to the Hunger Fact Sheet (attached).
Have participants reflect on the causes of food insecurity.
8. Once the discussion is complete, invite them all to eat