Legal & Privacy
Our goal at the Global Citizen Corps, a Mercy Corps program, is to extend trust and respect to you. We are committed to respecting the privacy rights of all visitors to our website and members of our community. The following information details Mercy Corps' collection, protection, and use of the data we receive from visitors to this website.
Email updates provide action alerts from Global Citizen Corps well as a worldwide perspective on the Mercy Corp mission to alleviate suffering, poverty, and oppression around the globe. In order to receive these updates you must provide Global Citizen Corps with your name and email address. This information will be held in complete confidence, and we will NOT sell, rent or trade this information to a third party. You will be given the option to remove your name from our email list.
Usage, Security, and Privacy
- ACCURACY: The accuracy of your personal information is governed by the accuracy of the information you provided at the time of collection. Global Citizen Corps does not verify the accuracy of the personal information you provide, other than that which is provided for payment purposes. At the time you entered your personal information you were requested to verify the information for accuracy. Global Citizen Corps and its sponsors are not responsible for any errors or problems that arise as a result of inaccurate information provided by you.
- SECURITY SAFEGUARDS: Global Citizen Corps will protect your personal information by appropriate security safeguards. Your personal information transmissions, including your payment information, will be encrypted. Appropriate information security measure will be in place to safeguard your personal information during storage and use.
- "INVITE A FRIEND PAGE": If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend's name and e-mail address. Global Citizen Corps will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the site. Email addresses collected will not be captured or used for any other purpose.
- OPT-OUT: Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter may opt-out of receiving these communications by following the instructions at the bottom of the newsletter.
Online Community Code of Conduct
- PERMISSION: In order to use content submitted by other participants I will always obtain their permission. When using the Global Citizen Corps materials posted on the site, I will use them only for educational purposes, not alter their content and credit Global Citizen Corps/Mercy Corps.
- CONTENT: To ensure that content is useful and appropriate, I agree to let Global Citizen Corps staff move, copy, edit or close any content I share in the community that is offensive, misleading, or harmful.
Copyright and Use of Materials
Material posted to this site is the property of Mercy Corps and those posting information.
Information Warranty Disclaimer
The materials on this website on this web site are provided “as is” without any express or implied warrant of any kind including warranties of merchantability, noninfringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. The owner of this site does not warrant accuracy or quality of the contents of this web site. In no event shall the owner of this site be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use of this website.